Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hal Who?

My choice in running partners has always been unfortunate. Back in college I often ran with girls from the cross country team, or should I say they ran and I panted along behind them. In law school my running buddy of choice was a good friend of mine who happens to be 6'0 and has legs as long as my entire body. Although she never admitted to it, I am pretty sure that she used our 3-5 mile runs as her warm up and then did a real run after ours. She got married and moved, putting an end to the runs I loved so much. She was the one who suggested that getting back into running was the best way to slim down, relieve stress, and a good alternative to hitting the bars looking for new "potential victims". Amusing coming from the person who routinely showed up at work hung over and was notorious for passing out at the bar at the Barking Kudu. She told me about some crazy running guy named Hal Higdon who has a whole training program for running. That was when I decided I would run my very first half marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment